Monday, March 17, 2008

Waiting

I have about an hour and a half before I head to the airport. My flight lives in about five hours and I should land at Gatwick airport in about seven hours. I'm nervous. I'm not going to lie. I'm very excited about being in London and speaking with English speakers and seeing all the sights from the history books and movies first hand, but I'm nervous. I think it would be irresponsible for me not to be nervous.
I think I have just about everything I need. I've emailed my London contact information to my mom, I wrote out a copy for my Spanish family, my cell phone is charged, and my Passport is packed.
It's just the anticipation of the unknown. What will I see? Who will I meet? Where will I go? What will I eat? (I'm a poet and didn't know it!) It's all the unknowns that make the trip intersting, but sitting here... waiting... and waiting. I just want to be on my way already!

No comments: